Saturday, January 2, 2010

My goals for 2010

Every year I do this. I get asked if I have any resolutions, and I don’t. I try not to have them, because if I don’t end up following them, I feel guilty. And then I try and fail again and again, especially by the end of the year. And then, inevitably, I start the vicious cycle all over again the following year.

So, within the last couple of years, I have to tried to come up with realistic goals to set for myself. This way, I don’t feel this overwhelming set of guilt for myself if I don’t end up doing them all. And they are easily transferrable to the following year.

So, these are my goals for 2010 (not in any particular order):

  • Finish sanding, priming, sanding again, and painting the hutch in our dining area. And then fill it up with all the stuff that we got for wedding gifts and our bar stuff.
  • Start work on my craft table. This should be a fun job.
  • Reorganize the craft closet – instead of piling everything on top of itself, actually get a drawer system in there so I can get things out easily.
  • Finish setting up our kitchen pantry cart. We’re about halfway there, but we just need to actually take some time and finish it up.
  • Make some “green bags” for produce and bulk items to take to the store with us.
  • Make a really nice blanket for Mario.
  • Write a lot more.
  • Start work on the office.
  • Actually work on the Wii Fit
  • Try to get my blood sugar even more in control.
  • Learn how to play that Bass that I got for Christmas last year. I no longer have an excuse.
  • Get rid of stuff that I haven’t used in over 6 months (this does not count clothing, as I am a girl. The seasons change almost daily here, and so does my size).

I think that is a good starting list, and if I really concentrate and stop being lazy, I might actually get most, if not all of it done this year. I will be utilizing the husband, but I don’t think he’ll mind. He’s a good helper. There are, of course, the minor things that need to be done, but they are normal every day things, that just require build up as habits.

No comments: