Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Top Ten Lists of The Last Decade 2000-2009

Several of my friends on Facebook have challenged me to write what I consider my favorites from the last decade (they know me too damn well, and know that I love to write lists). The categories included: music, movies, TV shows and comic books. Well, I don't read comic books, so, I decided to go with video games, since they are played often at my house. I hope that you enjoy my lists, and maybe it will inspire you to write your own!


In music (I did not add anything that was a live release, a re-release, a soundtrack, or a cover CD. I only picked CD's that I would actually buy instead of download, that if they were records, they would have been worn down by now.):

  1. Coldplay – Parachutes
  2. Muse – Black Holes and Revelations
  3. Tenacious D – Tenacious D
  4. Eminem – The Eminem Show
  5. Green Day – American Idiot
  6. They Might Be Giants – No!
  7. The White Stripes – Icky Thump
  8. Weezer – Make Believe
  9. Blink-182 – Blink-182
  10. The Offspring – Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace


In TV (these are shows that I couldn’t stay away from, unless I missed an episode, or something and couldn’t find it anywhere. This happened with Californication, and I am STILL trying to catch up. Oh, and I know I missed some damn good shows, but I probably just haven't seen them yet. Remember – these are MY favorites):

  1. United States of Tara
  2. Lie To Me
  3. Heroes
  4. Being Erica
  5. Arrested Development
  6. Scrubs
  7. House
  8. Flight of the Conchords
  9. Californication
  10. Kitchen Nightmares (BBC Version)


On film (not counting holiday movies, animated movies and documentaries. In this category, I again, probably missed a lot, but I haven't seen a lot, either. And honestly? This was probably the hardest list to narrow down.) :

  1. High Fidelity
  2. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  3. Donnie Darko
  4. Kill Bill
  5. Harry Potter Franchise
  6. Finding Neverland
  7. The Producers
  8. Stranger Than Fiction
  9. Juno
  10. Burn After Reading

Video games:
(These are games I'll actually play and enjoy, both console and PC games)

  1. The Sims
  2. Kingdom Hearts
  3. Guitar Hero
  4. Rock Band
  5. Wii Fit
  6. Wii Sports
  7. Wario Ware
  8. Evidence: The Last Ritual
  9. Singstar
  10. American McGee's Alice


Feel free to leave comments or ask questions. I had a lot of fun writing these lists.


No comments: